Tractor-baler automation allows for easier operation and reduced operator fatigue after all day operation. This function is only compatible with model year 2010 or newer John Deere 6030/7030 Premium, or model year 2011 or newer 6R/7R/8R Tractor that is GreenStar™- or AutoTrac™-ready.
6030 Premium Tractors include: 6230 Premium, 6330 Premium, and 6430 Premium Tractors.
7030 Premium Tractors include: 7130 Premium, 7230 Premium, 7330 Premium, 7430 Premium, and
7530 Premium Tractors.
All tractors must be ISOBUS compatible. All balers must have a pushbar when operating in tractor-baler automation mode.
NOTE: 6R Series Tractors can still be ordered non-ISO compatible. Please order the GreenStar-ready wiring harness package or AutoTrac-ready wiring harness package to make the 6R Tractor ISO compatible. Model year 2015 and newer Final Tier 4 6R Series Tractors must be ordered AutoTrac-ready from the factory in order to work with tractor-baler automation.
NOTE: Premium Round Balers can run on any tractor that is ISOBUS compatible (or made ISOBUS compatible with wiring harness) however, tractor-baler automation will only work on the tractors/features listed.
NOTE: Having the ISOBUS coupler does not necessarily mean that the tractor is GreenStar-ready.
There are two levels of tractor-baler automation. Both the baler activation and tractor activation must be purchased.
- Level 1: Selective control valve (SCV) control
- Requires electronic SCVs
- Controls the SCV for the gate. Tractor movement must be at zero before gate will open
- Operator must still start, stop, and drive the tractor.
- Operator must still weave if necessary.
- Level 2: SCV and vehicle speed control
- Requires electronic SCV’s and Infinitely Variable Transmission (IVT™) tractor
- Controls the SCV for the gate and the starting and stopping of the tractor
- Operator must drive the tractor
- Operator must weave if necessary
- Tractor will slow to a stop when bale reaches full size
- Operator must cycle reverse lever from forward to neutral and back to forward or
- Operator must press and hold brakes before tractor comes to complete stop
- Tractor will drive forward after reverse lever is cycled or operator releases brakes